I’m not the type to be diligent enough to post wish lists or favorites every month, which might also have to do with the fact that I don’t buy a ton of beauty products. In general, I don’t require a lot in my routine, and when I do find something I like, I tend not to try and find more stuff. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right?
Anyway, every now and again I come across some products that I think are worthwhile enough to share, so this is my current list.
1. p2 Sand Style Nail Polish – I started using nail polish relatively regularly maybe a year ago. It’s not that I feel the urge to have decorated nails, but I have been a bit of a nail biter most of my life, and it turns out that having painted nails curbs my biting. So for the first time in my life, I actually have grown out my nails! Anyway, I like the p2 line because the colors are all vegan, but the quality can be hit and miss (and for less than €2 a pop, that’s to be expected). But the Sand Style line is something I love. It goes on clean and stays for awhile, and there aren’t as many coats required. Plus, it’s textured and looks cute.
2. LUSH Godiva Shampoo Bar – Some people are die-hard LUSH fans and though the products smell amazing, I never took the plunge before because it’s kind of an expensive habit. But guess what? Most of their products are also vegan, and generally made out of ingredients that are good for you. And since I was looking to switch shampoos to something that is better for dry hair, I decided to give this shampoo bar a shot. In just a few weeks of using it, there is considerably less (read: no) buildup in my hair, and on the plus side, it is a shampoo and conditioner in one.
3. Burt’s Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry – My lips are constantly chapped these days. so I dug into my chapstick stash, which goes largely untouched most of the year, and have been using this product. And yes, with beeswax, it’s not vegan, but not only are bees up for debate in the vegan community, but I am pretty sure I have had this chapstick since before I was vegan.
4. Balea Bodycreme Sheabutter – I am a DM addict, and so it’s no surprise that I have three products from their various lines in this list. I have another moisturizer from them that I often use, but this one caught my attention with the ingredients. I mostly use this on my feet and legs, though on my hands as well, to keep them from drying out. Even M. likes it!
5. Alverde Aroma Pflegeöl Kokos – While Balea is the basic hair/skin care line for DM, Alverde is slightly more expensive, as it’s the organic version, but it’s still affordable. I got this because of the many kinds of oil in the ingredients, and have been using this on my hands, which are dry and itchy in this weather. And it helps, as my hands are considerably less dry since I began using it.3 Comments